Monday, April 14, 2008

Did you know?

While your guinea pig is asleep, the ears move independently! Moreover, sometimes your guinea pig can be asleep while keeping his or her eyes open. This is evident because your little guinea pig's ears and legs will continue to twitch as if in a dream state. (...and should you happen to move, you can accidentally startle your little piggie while in this state.)
You can also attempt to "force" your drowsy guinea pig to fall asleep by closing your eyes while your piggie is in your lap. I've done this on numerous occasions only to discover my guinea pig's eyes turning into very sleepy little  slits.
Often times, my guinea pig will wake up on her own (while on my lap) with a big stretch as well as a yawn! That for me is the "icing on the cake" because that means that my little piggie is extremely content! Afterwards, her mouth may move as if she's chewing on something. 
I can't think of anything more soothing to the soul than to watch your little bundle of fur asleep on your lap.

No comments: