Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 2008 has been a very sad month so far...

This has been a very sad month so far, having lost Swee'Pea and remembering how sick she was. I miss her very much and not a day goes by where I don't think of her. 
Since having become a true "cavy slave," I found that I've become "hooked" on having guinea pigs. When I sit down to watch television, something feels amiss because I don't have Swee'Pea plopped on my lap. 
As a result, I've decided that I adopt another pig (not to replace Swee'Pea... because Swee'Pea, and all of my previous guinea pigs were each uniquely special). Each had very different personalities and I developed an emotional bond to all of them.
This time, however, I've decided to adopt a shelter piggie instead--in honor of Swee'Pea and all my other beloved guinea pigs. I wanted to help save a life--especially after having just lost one.

No comments: